Parish Council Minutes|

DRAFT MINUTES: CORBY GLEN PARISH COUNCIL

Draft Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday November 10th 2021 at 7.30pm in the Willoughby Gallery, Corby Glen.

Present: Cllrs Lamming (Chair), Clink, Cook, Evans, Fox, Hargreaves & Walsingham

In attendance: Cllrs Hill & Robins, 2 residents, Mrs. S. Woodman (Parish Clerk).

Open Forum:

A resident raised with Cllr Hill the issue of water companies releasing untreated sewage into local rivers, despite charging consumers high prices for treatment. Cllr Hill agreed that it is a problem.

A concern was expressed that of the money expected from David Wilson Homes under the Section 106 agreement, none has been allocated to the Primary School. Although there may currently be capacity, with 250 new family homes being built, more capacity will be needed. Cllr Clink reported that the Neighbourhood Planning Group has understood the need for increased / improved facilities and is working with the governors to access additional funding. It was also noted that the before and after school facilities can be used as a classroom during the day.

  1. Apologies for absence: None.
  2. District and County Councillors’ Reports:

Local Housing Development (David Wilson Homes): The Council expressed their appreciation to Cllr Robins for giving residents the opportunity to discuss their concerns regarding this development.

  • The minutes of the meeting of the Council held on Wednesday October 13th 2021 were amended to clarify that no Parish Council funds would be used for the purchase of the Musson’s Close land. The minutes were then approved unanimously and signed by the chairman as an accurate record.
  • Councillors’ Declarations of Interest: None.
  • Review of Action Log:

Bulb planting: Cllrs planted a sack of bulbs on the Green on 31st October 2021.

Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Corby Glen Beacon registered.

  • Clerk’s & Chairman’s reports on matters outstanding:

75/20 Superfast Broadband: The decision re broadband is due to be taken imminently. BT will be chased if no communication in the next few days.

84/20 Laxton’s Lane – Traffic Restriction Order: Update requested but not received.

24/21 Sale of Musson’s Close Land (Asset of Community Value): The offer to purchase the land was not accepted. The offer is time limited and expires on November 15th 2021. No further action is required at this time.
The injunction notice has been moved for the comfort of a resident but is still legally displayed.

25/21 Fighting Cocks – Asset of Community Value: In progress with Cllr Clink.

55/20 Speeding in the village: Cllr Lamming has taken over as co-ordinator. Despite the late notice, the co-ordinator plus 3 volunteers were able to attend the training which, it is now understood, runs on the first Monday of each month on Zoom 7.00 – 8.00pm.
The proposed sites have been assessed by the police and acceptable sites agreed upon.
A Whatsapp group is being set up for volunteers; new volunteers will be added as they are trained.
Some of the new signs have been attached to lamp posts – more to be attached soon as better cable ties are available.
Equipment was borrowed from Colsterworth and one session held which resulted in 4 speeding vehicles being identified. Many vehicles slowed down on spotting the activity. More sessions are planned in the immediate future.

44/21 Consider re-design of village web site: Web site set up. Clerk unable to access – to be resolved with Cllr Fix outside the meeting. New email addresses based on this web site to be established.

09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: Another meeting has been held. The draft plan is being developed, guided by the consultant. Footpaths to be protected / upgraded are being identified, as are green spaces and strategic views. Next meeting scheduled for 2nd week in December. The first draft should be available for the group’s and councillors’ comments thereafter. It is hoped to release the plan to SKDC for comment before Christmas; village consultation is scheduled for mid-January until March 2022.

  • Matters to be resolved:

56/21 Budget for 2022 – 2023: Councillors had been sent the draft budget in advance. The merits of providing a skip were discussed. It was explained that the contents of a skip go straight to landfill, whereas items taken to the SKDC recycling centre are recycled. Clerk to reduce amount in budget to 2 skips/year – whether they are ordered will be decided at the time. Clerk to provide an alternative budget without a precept uplift for the council’s consideration. The draft budget was agreed in principle but will be further discussed at the next regular meeting.

61/21 Confirm Meeting Dates for 2022: 2nd Wednesday in the month – clerk to provide dates to The Willoughby Gallery.

  • Reports from: 

Planning: to consider planning applications received prior to & after publication of the agenda:

S21/1841 David Wilson Homes Development: A footpath should be provided on the same side of the A151 as the development for the safety of residents attending the Charles Read School or Doctor’s Surgery. It is understood that the Road Safety Partnership are looking into this.

There is concern about the adequacy of the provisions for dealing with excess water. Although a pipe is to be provided to the river, the river itself floods during heavy rain, so this is not necessarily a solution. Consideration should also be given to providing an angle on the terminus of the existing pipe to feed the water directly into the current.

There is a concern that the additional vehicular traffic may make existing problems (such as the problematic Swinstead Road junction) worse, and more stringent traffic calming measures may need to be considered.

Regarding the distribution of funds provided by the developer under the section 106 agreement, Cllr Lamming strongly emphasised the importance of these funds being allocated to the community where the development is located as this is where the greatest impact is felt. She is extremely concerned that funds are being allocated to Bourne schools, for example, rather than locally, and likewise regarding the NHS contribution. She asked for assurance that the final section 106 funds allocation will be made available to the council as a matter of urgency.

She also enquired about what processes are in place for assessing the impact of the development. Cllr Hill explained that the communication route is via District then County Councillors. He also indicated that LCC has an ongoing role as some issues only emerge once the development is complete and the practicalities are in operation.

The chairman requested an EGM be set up for further discussions. The date of Monday November 22nd 2021 was agreed. Likely venue Church Street Rooms as the Gallery is not open on Mondays. Cllr Hill is not available, but Cllr Robins is free to attend.

Greens Working Group:

07/21 Playground Equipment Maintenance (notably the state of the seesaw):
Miracle Play do not accept that the play equipment should be repaired under the guarantee. They quoted £767.86 for repairing the see-saw. Clerk to forward relevant emails to Mrs Roberts.

Cllr Cook will determine if it can be done locally.

As Cllr Collins has retired, Cllrs Evans & Fox will join the Greens Working Group.

There is ongoing concern regarding the danger to children posed by the nearby A151, especially with extra families in the village using the play area. The possibility of a chicane to slow traffic down was suggested.

47/21 Notifying CGPC of issues with play equipment: The clerk had drafted & circulated a proposed procedure.
Cllr Walsingham took charge of the Emergency Box containing hazard tape and warning signs.

  • Payments and Accounts

(i) Bank balances – monthly update approved as set out below

(ii) Invoices for payment – Councillors resolved unanimously to approve payments as set out in schedule below.

Opening Bank balance from 1st October 2021£21,440.13
Income received on bank statement
Invoices cleared on bank statement
S. Woodman – clerk’s wages
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner
MCS – Grass Cutting
Cllr Collins – waste bin key
Cllr Collins – bulbs
Clive Keble Consulting – re Neighbourhood Plan
Clive Keble – Printing – re Neighbourhood Plan

£243.55
£26.00
£61.00
£152.26
£229.00
£2.50
£7.99
£508.20
£19.20
Closing Bank Balance 31st October 2021£20,190.43
Cheques to be authorised/cleared:
S. Woodman – clerk’s wages
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner
Mrs Woodman – Emergency Box
Mrs Woodman – Hazard Tape
Mrs Woodman – Hazard Tape
Mrs Woodman – Remembrance Poppies
Bourne Skip Hire
Church Street Rooms re Neighbourhood Plan
Clive Keble Consulting – re Neighbourhood Plan

£243.75
£26.00
£60.80
£152.26
£3.99
£5.99
£5.50
£80.00
£252.00
£135.00
£929.00
Estimated remaining NatWest bank balance
(excluding Neighbourhood Plan Funds)
£18,296.14
(£14,092.39)
  
Neighbourhood Plan Costs
Previous costs to date
Grant
Previous costs against grant
New costs against grant
Grant remaining:


[£504.79]
£7,279.00
£2011.25
£1,064.00
£4,203.75
  1. Matters to be further discussed at this meeting:

33/21 Re-wilding / areas of grass to be cut & by whom / standard of grass cutting:
To be discussed at the next regular meeting.

38/21 Condition of Laxton’s Lane: Contractors are still not complying with the directive to fill in all nearby potholes. To be explored further during walkabout with Rowan Smith on Monday November 15th.

45/21 Planting / Replacing Trees (notably dead tree on The Green): The Clerk will remind David Warden re removal of the dead tree.

51/21 Discuss options for digitising the History Society’s archive to prevent deterioration: The archives have been digitised, but the hard copies are currently located in the attics of 3 members of the History Society, and thus are not readily accessible. The size of the archive needs to be established, and the History Society’s needs to put forward a proposal for where they could be better housed.

52/21 Agree arrangements for Armistice Day: Any councillors available were asked to help clear leaves from the Green on Saturday November 13th at 10.00am.

Cllr Walsingham had been asked by Revd Buckman to provide a PA system for the service on The Green, although this had been provided by the Church last year. Cllr Walsingham will discuss with Revd Buckman further. As Cllr Lamming is not available, Cllr Walsingham will lay the wreath on behalf of the Parish Council, which was provided this year free of charge by the Royal British Legion.

53/21 Agree arrangements for Christmas Tree: Cllrs Cook & Walsingham to assess the suitability of available trees on November 13th. Clerk to ask Adrian Baines if he would be able to collect the tree from Bulby in time for erection in the square on December 4th / 5th, liaising with Trevor Kiely.

54/21 Review Publication Scheme / Available Information: Deferred until next regular meeting.

55/21 Review 3 year Grass Contract: See 33/21. To be discussed at next regular meeting.

57/21 Discuss support for Primary School plans for Pre-school: The Council agreed by a majority (6 for, 1 abstention) to ratify their support for the Primary School’s plans as outlined by the Chair of the Governors at the previous meeting.

59/21 Consider how younger people can be involved in the village and how momentum from Sheep Fair can be maintained: Deferred until next regular meeting.

60/21 Cars being parked on The Green: Cars parked on the Green had obstructed the contractor’s efforts to cut the grass, and residents were requested to move them. Residents are to be discouraged from parking on The Green.

62/21 Agree Co-option Protocol: Prospective Councillors to fill the 2 vacancies left by the resignation of Cllrs Collins & Muir are to be asked to attend the next regular council meeting and be prepared to talk to the meeting about themselves.

The Chairman thanked Cllrs Collins & Muir for all their support and hard work in the past. They will be greatly missed.

  1. Next meeting:

An EGM with the primary objective of discussing the David Wilson Homes Development will take place at 7.30pm on Monday 22nd November 2021, venue to be confirmed.

The next regular meeting will take place at 7.30pm on Wednesday 8th December 2021 at the Willoughby Gallery.

Meeting closed at 9.33pm.                                                                                                            Mrs. Sue Woodman – Parish Clerk

Action Log 10th November 2021

RefActionResponsibilityDate by
07/20Activate new email addresses (cllrName@corbyglen.com) – assistance to be provided by Cllr FoxAll / Cllr Fox08/12/21
07/20Communicate councillors’ new email addresses to SKDC;
update CG web site
Clerk
Cllr Fox
12/01/22
07/21Playground:
Fix a rubber covering to the bottom edges of the rocking horse
Forward Miracle Emails to Amy Roberts Determine if the seesaw can be repaired locally.

?
Clerk
Cllr Cook

10/11/21
08/12/21
12/01/22
24/21Sale of Musson’s Close Land: Forward related emails to the clerkCllr Clink12/01/22
25/21Fighting Cocks – Asset of Community Value: Register on behalf of the Parish Council.Cllr Clink
Clerk
12/01/22
33/21
37/21
Consider leaving grass in some green areas un-mowed to encourage wildlife / Quality of the grass cutting:
Arrange for 3 quotes (current contractor, EnvironSK + 1 other) for cutting ALL the grass in the village.


Clerk


12/01/22
45/21Planting / Replacing Trees (notably dead tree on The Green):
Chase David Warden to remove tree

Clerk

10/11/21
53/21Agree arrangements for Christmas Tree: Establish whether a suitable tree is available
Request Adrian Baines’ assistance in collecting the tree.
Cllrs Cook & Waklsingham
Clerk
10/11/21

01/12/21
56/21Budget 2022-23: Check last date for submission of precept request
Provide an alternative budget without a precept uplift for the council’s consideration
Clerk
Clerk
12/01/22
12/01/22
61/21Confirm Meeting Dates for 2022: Provide dates to the Willoughby Gallery.Clerk12/01/22
S21/1841David Wilson Homes: Arrange EGM for Monday November 22nd
Book Church Street Rooms
Clerk17/11/21
 Add ‘Ownership of the Flogas tank’ to December AgendaClerk12/01/22

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Close Search Window