Parish Council Minutes|

MINUTES: CORBY GLEN PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday December 14th 2022 at 7.30pm in the Willoughby Gallery, Corby Glen.

Present: Cllrs Lamming (Chair), Cook, Fowler, Harwood, & Walsingham.

In attendance: 1 resident, 1 representative from Allison Homes, Mrs. S. Woodman (Parish Clerk).

Open Forum:

Access over The Green: The resident reported on access rights relating to 4 properties adjacent to the Green, and the history & legal position were discussed. The chairman requested that the clerk contact the resident who is persistently parking 2 cars on The Green and ask them to park elsewhere.

Defibrillator: The chairman thanked Allison Homes for the loan of their defibrillator & cable ties.

Thanks: Cllr Walsingham thanked those who attended the war memorial service on Remembrance Day, and those who helped with the Christmas Tree and lights in the Market Place.

    1. Apologies for absence: Cllrs Andrew, Clink, Evans & Silabon. Reasons given and accepted.

    1. District and County Councillors’ Reports: No District or County Councillors present.

    1. The minutes of the meeting of the Council held on Wednesday November 9th 2022were approved by a majority 
      (4 for, 1 abstention). 

    1. Councillors’ Declarations of Interest: Cllr Lamming expressed an interest in the planning application S22/2232 
      7 Market Place. She will leave the room when it is discussed.

    1. Review of Action Log: See log.

    1. Clerk’s & Chairman’s reports on matters outstanding:

75/20 Superfast Broadband: Cllr Cook confirmed that where wires are currently ducted, new wires will be ducted; where they are currently above ground, they will be above ground. The survey of the ducts continues, but no problems have been found so far.

29/22 EV Charging in Corby Glen: Deferred until next meeting.

57/22 Community Congress: The chairman would hold a follow up Community Congress meeting in January as agreed at the last meeting – date proposed Saturday January 14th 11am – 1pm in the Church Street Rooms (CSR). 

The clerk was asked to check whether the Rector is free on the proposed date and the CSR available. Assuming the date is acceptable, the Clerk to contact local groups (as previously), including Ian Astley. She was also asked to look into the availability of funding streams, such as Allison Homes, SKDC, and to query the status of the S106 funding with Cllr Robins.

09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: The chairman thanked the Neighbourhood Planning group for all their hard work to get the document to this point. The Council agreed by a majority (4 in favour, 1 abstention) that the Neighbourhood Plan document as presented by the Neighbourhood Planning Group could be submitted to SKDC for its formal examination and consultation. The clerk was asked to communicate this to the group.

    • Matters to be resolved:

49/22 Agree Budget / Precept for 2022-2023: The council recognised that the precept would need to be increased to allow for the anticipated increase in costs. Cllr Fowler proposed an increase of £1,000 (7.7%) to £14,000, but this was not seconded. Cllr Cook proposed an increase of £1,300 (10%) to £14,300. This was seconded and agreed by a majority (3 for, 2 against).

48/22 Christmas arrangements / payment arrangements: Christmas expenses were reviewed and the persons responsible for making the payment agreed. Cllr Lamming apologised for not making Cllr Cook aware of the change to the date for the erection of the Christmas tree. She again thanked Mr T & S Kiely and Mr Palmer for their help. The tree will be removed on or around January 8th 2023.

52/22 Clerk’s annual pay increase 2022 – backdated to April 2022: It was agreed unanimously to increase the clerk’s pay in line with the agreed national rates. Increase to be backdated to April 2022.

51/22 Confirm 2023 Meeting Dates: The meeting dates for 2023 will continue to be the 2nd Wednesday in the month. It was agreed unanimously that future meetings will begin at 7.00pm (rather than 7.30pm). Clerk to confirm with The Gallery. 

43/22 Footpath lights between Barleycroft Road and Pridmore: The clerk was requested to contact LCC and ask that they provide lighting as it is a public right of way and not owned by SKDC. She was also asked to request a quote from Toby Kiely for disconnecting the current lights.  It was decided not to replace the lights due to the cost however this could be reviewed in the future.

40/22 Consider a plaque for Bailey Drew on the defib: The plaque has been purchased and Cllr Lamming will arrange for it to be affixed to the wall of the Chapel near the defibrillator. Agreement has already been obtained from the Methodist Church. No unveiling ceremony is planned.

15/22 New web site / IT support – emails: Cllr Cook shared a report of usage of the new web site which shows much higher levels of usage and he will report on a quarterly basis. A way of councillors accessing their new email addresses via the Corby Glen web site has been found and communicated to all councillors. From now on all councillors are to use their ‘new’ email addresses only from 15th December 2022. Clerk to communicate this to all cllrs.

50/22 State of village pump: Still awaiting attention.

46/22 Access across Village Green: No response has been received to the clerk’s letter. 

It was agreed unanimously that the clerk should compile an inventory of access arrangements for all properties bordering the Green, if necessary, via the Land Registry at a small charge (up to £50 total).

    • Reports from:  

Planning: to consider planning applications received prior to & after publication of the agenda:

S21/1841 David Wilson Homes Development (199 dwellings): The issue of road names continues. Cllr Walsingham has met Cllr Robins to discuss. The chairman requested that ‘Story’ be added to the list. This family provided the land for the Ron Dawson Hall & playing field, and their contribution to the village should be remembered.

S22/2232 7 Market Place – Lamming – Internal alterations plus windows & roof: Cllr Lamming left the room during discussions. It was agreed by a majority (3 for, 1 abstention) that no objection would be raised.

S22/2281 2 Station Road – Dowlman – single story rear extension and covered area: There is limited sight of the extension from the road. No objection.

S22/2351 1 Church Street – Marshall-Roberts – Tree work – no objection.

Greens Working Group:

07/21 Playground Equipment Maintenance:
The new seats for the rocking horse have just arrived. Mr T Kiely will fix. 

Swing uprights: These could be replaced with metal, but it is not known if this would have insurance / liability implications. Clerk to contact RoSPA and the insurers to determine. Also, Miracle for implications and the cost of 2 new wooden legs (without fitting). The matter of how repairs would be signed off to ensure safety was discussed.

Cllr Harwood had reviewed the RoSPA report with Mr B Walsingham. The council is happy for Mr Walsingham to undertake any cosmetic repairs now however wishes him to await further instructions regarding structural repairs.

    • Payments and Accounts

(i) Bank balances – monthly update approved unanimously as set out below.

(ii) Invoices for payment – Councillors resolved unanimously to approve payments as set out in schedule below.

Opening Bank balance from 1st November 2022 £18,814.12
Income received on bank statement:
Community Cleaner Grant
£463.32
Invoices cleared on bank statement:
S. Woodman – clerk’s wages 
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner 
MCS – Grass Cutting
Neighbourhood Plan – Consultant fees
S. Woodman – CSW signs 
Cllr Lamming – web hosting
247.70
£26.00
£62.00
 £160.13
£276.00
£715.00
£20.00
£40.78
Closing Bank Balance 30th November 2022 £17,729.83
Payments to be authorised/cleared:
[Defib refund]S. Woodman – clerk’s wages 
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner 
MCS – Grass Cutting
S. Woodman – Bailey Drew plaque 
S. Woodman – Defib pads
S. Woodman – Christmas expenses; 
S. Woodman – Stationery 
R Adcock – Christmas expenses
(136.80)
£247.70
£26.00
£62.00
 £160.13
£102.00
£110.28
£146.28
£25.00
£1.98
£15.00
Estimated remaining NatWest bank balance
(excluding Neighbourhood Plan Funds)
£16,970.26
(£15,2543.26)
   
Neighbourhood Plan Costs 
Previous costs 
Grant received 
Previous costs against grant
Grant remaining:
[£504.79]£3,352.00
£1,625.00
£1,727.00
       

    1. 10.   Matters to be further discussed at this meeting:

19/22 Use of S106 funds from DWH development / residents’ consultation: to be discussed with Cllr Robins

38/22 State of the hedge and sycamore bordering the Green / primary school playing field: It was agreed unanimously to consult the tree surgeon on his next regular inspection.

39/22 Consider a Car Boot idea to help supporting RDMH: To be raised at the Community Congress.

42/22 Consider repainting the milestone on the Bourne Road: Clerk to consult LCC and Heritage England re all 3 milestones (believed to be grade 2 listed).

45/22 Residents putting garden waste on the St Johns footpath: Believed resolved.

51/22 Overhanging hedge bottom of Swinstead Road: – has been actioned 

53/22 Speeding vehicles on the High Street: Clerk to thank resident for his concern and advise him to contact LCC.

54/22 Broken railings side of river bridge: see below 55/22

55/22 Cleaning of the dyke, Tanners Lane near Village Green: Cllr Fowler to identify the exact location to enable the clerk to contact the Environment Agency and request the dyke is cleared out.

56/22 Emergency Planning: Clerk to respond to LALC; Cllr Fowler to determine whether there is an old plan.

    1. Next meeting:

The next regular meeting will take place at 7.00pm on Wednesday January 11th 2023 at the Willoughby Gallery. 

Meeting closed at 9.28pm.                                                                                                            Mrs. Sue Woodman – Parish Clerk

Action Log 14th December 2022

Ref Action Responsibility Date by
O/F Quality of pothole fixes: 
Check quality of previous pothole fixes in Market Place.
Cllr Hill 14/12/22
O/F Village Pump:
Arrange for cementing.
Cllr Lamming 11/1/23
O/F Parking on the Green: Contact the resident who is persistently parking 2 cars on The Green and ask them to park elsewhere Clerk 11/1/22
09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: Communicate the Council’s acceptance to the Neighbourhood Planning Group by letter & copy of the minutes Clerk asap
55/20 Community Speed Watch: 
Check re monitoring activity during inclement weather with Lincs Road Safety Partnership.
Cllr Lamming 11/1/23
07/21 Playground Equipment Maintenance 
Fix new seats for the rocking horse. Swing uprights: Contact RoSPA and the insurers to determine insurance / liability implications of replacing with metalContact Miracle for implications of metal legs and the cost of 2 new wooden legs (without fitting). Inform Mr B Walsingham that the council is happy for him to undertake any cosmetic repairs now, but wish him to await further instructions regarding structural repairs.

Mr T KielyClerk

Clerk

Greens Committee

asap11/1/22

11/1/22

asap

33/21 Re-wilding / areas of grass to be cut & by whom / standard of grass cutting: Add to September 2023 agenda
Photograph the existing bulbs Make residents of the Green south kerb aware of bee orchids growing on the LCC verge, and to be mindful of their mowing. Contact the utility company concerning the lack of care in repairing the area just east of Sheep Fair field gateway on Tanners Lane.
Clerk
CllrsCllr Walsingham
Clerk

1/9/23

Mar 20239/11/22

9/11/22

S22/0731 Alison Homes / DWH: 
Allison Homes to look into whether any of the archaeology can remain in the village. 
Allison Homes  11/1/23
12/22 State of phone box: Liaise with Allison Homes re acrylic panel with designState of benches: Add bench cleaning/renovation to the agenda for March 2023 Cllr AndrewClerk 14/12/221/2/23
15/22 Council web site: 
Report of usage of the new web site quarterly.
Use their ‘new’ email addresses only. 
Clerk to communicate this to cllrsConvene group to maintain the village-focussed sections of the web site. 
 Cllr Cook
All
ClerkCllrs Clink, Andrew, Silabon, Cook, Lamming
asap
15/12/22
15/12/2214/12/22
29/22 EV Charging in Corby Glen: Send Cllrs details of options 
Convene Working Party
Contact LCC & SKDC to enquire about their plans. 
Cllr Silabon
Cllr Silabon
Working Party
14/12/2214/12/2214/12/22
40/22 Consider a plaque for Bailey Drew on the defib: 
Arrange for Plaque to be affixed
Cllr Lamming 11/1/23
42/22 Milestones: Consult LCC and Heritage England re all 3 milestones  Clerk 11/1/23
49/22 Agree Budget / Precept for 2022-2023: Clerk to apply for a precept of £14,300 for 2023 Clerk 11/1/23
43/22 Lights not working between Barleycroft Road and Pridmore: 
Contact LCC and ask that they provide lighting as it is a public right of way. 
Get quote to disconnect from Toby Kiely
Clerk
Clerk
11/1/23
11/1/23
46/22 Access across the Green: Compile an inventory of access arrangements for all properties bordering the Green, if necessary, via the Land Registry at a small charge (up to £50 total). .

Clerk 

11/1/23

51/22 2023 Meeting Dates: Confirm new meeting start time of 7.00pm with the Gallery.  Clerk asap
53/22 Speeding vehicles on the High Street: Thank resident for his concern and advise him to contact LCC Clerk 11/1/23
55/22 Cleaning of the dyke, Tanners Lane near Village Green
Identify the exact location 
Contact the Environment Agency and request the dyke is cleared out.
Cllr Fowler
Clerk
asap
11/1/23
56/22 Emergency Planning: Respond to LALC;
Determine whether there is an old plan
Clerk 
Cllr Fowler
11/1/23
11/1/23
57/22 Community Congress: Check whether the Rector is free and the CSR available on Saturday January 14th 11am – 1pm 
Assuming the date is acceptable, contact local groups (as previously), including Ian Astley. 
Investigate the availability of funding streams, such as SKDC. 
Query the status of the S106 funding with Cllr Robins.

Clerk
Clerk

Clerk
Clerk

asap
asap

11/1/23
11/1/23

Leave a Reply

Close Search Window