Parish Council Minutes|

DRAFT MINUTES: CORBY GLEN PARISH COUNCIL

Draft Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday May 11th 2022 at 7.30pm in the Church Street Rooms, Corby Glen.

Present: Cllrs Lamming (Chair), Andrew, Clink, Evans, Harwood, Silabon & Walsingham.

In attendance: Cllrs Robins & Hill, Mrs. S. Woodman (Parish Clerk).

Open Forum:

Concern was expressed regarding the damage being done to the verges near the Ron Dawson Hall by construction vehicles entering and leaving the Allison Homes site. A member of the Hall committee had raised this with the site manager. Kerbs need to be installed on the hall side of the road as well as the development side for this reason. To be added to next month’s agenda.

Councillors had received an email from the current owner of the open land in the centre of Musson’s Close with an offer for the council to purchase the land. Cllr Clink outlined the history of the site for the benefit of new councillors. To be added to next month’s agenda to enable full discussion. Clerk to inform the landowner accordingly.

The question of the overgrown hedge adjacent 1 St John’s Drive was raised. Cllr Walsingham offered to have a word with the owner.

The issue of deer straying into the area was raised. The clerk was requested to contact the clerks of Edenham & Colsterworth to establish if they had a similar problem & what action, if any, they had taken.

  1. Apologies for absence: Cllrs Cook & Fowler. Reasons noted and accepted.
  2. District and County Councillors’ Reports:  Cllr Robins reported on the Ukrainian refugee situation and the actions the district council is taking to assist. Cllr Hill reported on the Highways situation. He had undertaken his own assessment of the state of the roads round the village. Other relevant points were already agenda items.
  3. The minutes of the meeting of the Council held on Wednesday April 13th 2022 were approved unanimously and signed by the chairman as an accurate record.
  4. Councillors’ Declarations of Interest: None.
  5. Review of Action Log:

07/20 Clerk to ask Mr Fox to join councillors for 15 minutes prior to the next meeting to complete the setting up of email addresses.

  • Clerk’s & Chairman’s reports on matters outstanding:

75/20 Superfast Broadband: Progress is being made. Recent communication from Open Reach suggested a significant milestone by next month.

25/21 Fighting Cocks – Asset of Community Value: Contact made with (hopefully) relevant member of SKDC staff and further information supplied. Clerk to continue to monitor.

55/20 Speeding in the village: CSW monitoring sessions continue, currently twice a month, but hopefully to revert to weekly. Still need to seek more volunteers. To be added to the back of the Jubilee Big Lunch leaflet.

09/16 Neighbourhood Planning: The group are incorporating comments from consultation and trying to resolve areas of disagreement with SKDC. Follow up funding has been applied for.

  • Matters to be resolved:

20/22 To consider approving the Annual Return (AGAR) for year ended March 31st 2022:

The accounts have been passed by the internal auditor, who has signed the appropriate form. The AGAR documents for signature had been circulated to councillors in advance of the meeting.

20/22/01 To approve the Annual governance statement 2021/22: Approved unanimously.
20/22/02 To approve the Accounting Statements 2021/22 Approved unanimously.
20/22/03 To approve the Exemption Certificate 2022/2022: Approved unanimously.

21/22 To consider approving the insurance renewal due 1st June: 3 quotes discussed. It was agreed unanimously to accept the quote from BHIB for a 3-year agreement; clerk to confirm that the defibrillator and the Jubilee beacon event are included and add in if not – subject to an extra charge of less than £100 if necessary.

22/04 Review Signatories on Bank Account: It was agreed unanimously that Cllrs Lamming, Clink, Harwood & Andrew should be official signatories on the council’s bank account. It was further agreed unanimously that on-line access should be requested for Cllrs Lamming and Harwood. Other signatories and on-line access should be removed.

15/22 Provision of IT support – Demonstration – deferred till next meeting.

  • Reports from: 

Planning: to consider planning applications received prior to & after publication of the agenda:

S21/1841 David Wilson Homes (DWH) Development: The clerk had received a query from a resident concerning the hedges bordering the DWH development. The response provided by Cllr Robins to be communicated to the resident.

Allison Homes has removed the whole of the hedge bordering Swinstead Road. It is understood that only enough for access should have been removed. The clerk was requested to send a letter expressing the council’s concern. Cllr Robins offered to contact Allison’s CEO and arrange a walkabout.

Cllr Walsingham expressed concern about the preservation of the orchard trees. The council further debated ways in which the developer’s compliance with requirements could be monitored.

Greens Working Group:

07/21 Playground Equipment Maintenance (notably the state of the seesaw):

The Greens Committee had reviewed the state of the benches in the village. They counted 15, although the council’s Assets Register only lists 8; They believe that 8 are in need of repair & 7 in need of cleaning. Cllr Walsingham was requested to ask Mr Brian Walsingham to quote for repairing the benches. Consideration should be given to numbering / labelling the benches for identification purposes.

The play equipment needs to be painted with wood preservative – mid June date after the Jubilee to be agreed for this. Clerk to establish recommended product and check with Cllr Cook.

Labels have been received with the clerk’s email address; to be affixed to the notice in the playground in case of issues with the equipment.

  • Payments and Accounts

(i) Bank balances – monthly update approved unanimously as set out below.

(ii) Invoices for payment – Councillors resolved unanimously to approve payments as set out in schedule below.

Opening Bank balance from 1st April 2022£12,218.98
Income received on bank statement:
Precept

£13,000.00
Invoices cleared on bank statement
S. Woodman – clerk’s wages
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner
MCS – Grass Cutting
Nhd Plan – Unused Grant repayment

£243.75
£26.00
£60.80
£152.26
£276.00
≈£708.13
Closing Bank Balance 30th April 2022£23,717.04
Cheques to be authorised/cleared:
S. Woodman – clerk’s wages
S. Woodman – clerk’s expenses
HMRC – clerk’s PAYE
CDPC – Community cleaner
MCS – Grass Cutting)
Cllr Cook – Ukraine Flag
Data Protection Fee (ICO)

£243.75
£26.00
£60.80
* £160.13
£276.00
£58.68
£35.00
Estimated remaining NatWest bank balance
(excluding Neighbourhood Plan Funds)
£22,891.58
  
Neighbourhood Plan Costs
Previous costs to date
Grant
Total costs against grant
Unused Grant repayment
Grant remaining:

[£504.79]
£7,279.00
£6,570.87
£708.13
£0.00
  1. 10.   Matters to be further discussed at this meeting:

46/21 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: The content of the PVC banner has been agreed. 2 will be purchased for £86.
Cllr Clink has purchased a Jubilee flag. Arrangements are in hand for bunting – to be put in place in the Market Place the weekend before. Cllr Harwood offered the use of his ride-on mower to ensure the grass round the beacon is tidy.  A PA system has been arranged for music for the Big Lunch. It is hoped to borrow the barriers from the Sheep Fair Committee. Cllr Lamming can stand in as a First Aider if required. The clerk will put the poster on the council web site. People are to be asked to bring a jam jar for the village flag.

Cllr Lamming will put notices on cars parked in the Market Place on Friday asking that they be removed by 11.00am on Sunday morning.

A Village Photo is to be taken at 12.00 noon on Sunday.

Torches originally purchased for Christmas Eve will be made available for the beacon lighting; 100 glo-sticks will be purchased for distribution to the children.

01/22 Consider replacing Christmas Tree Lights: To be discussed further at the next meeting.

05/22 Reason for new footbridge (rear of St John’s Drive): Cllr Hill had investigated – the footbridge was erected as a result of “several complaints” concerning flooding. The cost was £700 + £500 labour. Cllr Hill was requested to look into the matter further and establish the source of the complaints and the veracity of the landowner consultation

12/22 Consider state of benches, bins, phone box, noticeboards & options to fix:
The glass in the phone box had been broken by builders. Cllr Evans offered to make it safe in the first instance & hopefully it will be repaired by the builder. There is also some damage to the nearby pump, which needs some protection.
Rowan Smith believes that LCC would have no objections to the parish council improving the space around the phone box. Cllr Andrew will ask if NISA is prepared to give a grant to sponsor improvements.
The glass in the village notice board is also broken. Clerk to ask Alan for a quote to repair.

13/22 State of Trees, (especially trees by beacon, new trees, future trees): To be considered at the next meeting.

14/22 Re-surfacing of Tanners Lane / Feedback from walkabout with Rowan: Councillors had walked round the village with Rowan, noting the areas in need of attention. The red paint on the A151 ‘SLOW” area will not be replaced as it has not worn well. White lines are to be painted on Tanner’s Lane. There is no objection by LCC to white gates on the approaches to the village.

17/22 State of the Speed Record Panel on the Green: The Speed Panel on the Green is still not working.

18/22 Road Names for Swinstead Road development: The council considered the names proposed by the developer, but was not minded to agree. Councillors were asked to email the clerk with suitable alternatives by Friday.

19/22 Use of S106 funds from DWH development / residents’ consultation: To be discussed at the next meeting.

  1. Next meeting:

The next regular meeting will take place at 7.30pm on Wednesday June 9th 2022 at the Church Street Rooms.

Meeting closed at 9.45pm.                                                                                                            Mrs. Sue Woodman – Parish Clerk

Action Log 11th May 2022

RefActionResponsibilityDate by
07/20Activate new email addresses (cllrName@corbyglen.com):
Ask Mr Fox to join councillors for 15 minutes prior to the next meeting to complete the setting up of email addresses.

Clerk

1/6/22
07/21Playground Equipment Maintenance
Fix a rubber covering to the bottom edges of the rocking horse
Establish recommended wood preservative and check with Cllr Cook
Ask Mr Brian Walsingham to quote for repairing the benches.

?
Clerk
Cllr Walsingham

10/11/21
9/6/22
9/6/22
25/21Fighting Cocks – Asset of Community Value:  Chase for update.Clerk11/5/22
33/21Re-wilding / areas of grass to be cut & by whom / standard of grass cutting: Add to September agendaClerk1/9/22
46/21Queen’s Platinum Jubilee:
Include CSW on leaflet
Put poster on the council web site
Cllr Lamming /
Cllr Clink
Clerk
11/5/22

1/6/22
67/21Consider using the July or Sept meeting to agree arrangements for village events: Add to September agendaClerk1/9/22
S21/1841David Wilson Homes (DWH) Development: – Hedges: Communicate the response provided by Cllr Robins to o the resident.Clerk1/6/22
 Write to Allison Homes expressing the council’s concern regarding the removal of the whole of the hedge bordering Swinstead Road when only enough for access should have been removed. Contact Allison Homes CEO & request WalkaboutClerk


Cllr Robins
1/6/22


1/6/22
01/22Consider replacing Christmas Tree Lights: Research options, including battery or solar powered.Cllr Cook11/5/22
05/22Reason for new footbridge (rear of St John’s Drive): Investigate the matter further and establish the source of the complaints and the veracity of the landowner consultationCllr Hill11/5/22
12/22Consider state of benches, bins, phone box, noticeboards & options to fix:
Make the glass in the phone box safe in the first instance
Apply to NISA for a grant to improve that area
Ask Alan for a quote to repair the glass in the noticeboard

Cllr Evans
Cllr Andrew
Clerk

asap
8/6/22
8/6/22
15/22Provision of IT support:
Obtain demonstration of web sites
Arrange for overhead projector facilities.

Cllr Cook
Clerk

11/5/22
11/5/22
22/04Review Signatories on Bank Account: Inform Nat West of the following as official signatories on the council’s bank account: Cllrs Lamming, Adam, Harwood & Andrew; Remove all other signatories.
Request on-line access Cllrs Lamming and Harwood.

Clerk

Clerk

1/6/22

1/6/22
21/22Insurance renewal: Accept the quote from BHIB for a 3-year agreement.
Confirm that the defibrillator and the Jubilee beacon event are included, and add in if not – subject to an extra charge of less than £100 if necessary.
Clerk
Clerk
Clerk
1/6/22
1/6/22
1/6/22
18/22Road Names for Swinstead Road development: Email the clerk with suitable alternatives.All13/5/22
O/FDamage to verges on Swinstead Road from Allison Homes construction traffic: Add the need for installation of kerbs on the hall side of Swinstead road as well as the development side to next month’s agenda.
Clerk

1/6/22
O/FOpen land in the centre of Musson’s Close:
Add to next month’s agenda; respond to email from the current owner.

Clerk

asap
O/FDeer:
Contact the clerks of Edenham & Colsterworth to establish if they have a similar problem & what action, if any, they have taken.
Add to next month’s agenda

Clerk

Clerk

8/6/22

1/6/22

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Close Search Window